Friday, January 22, 2016

Becoming someone new

As a child I was always told you couldn't change the way you are.  But one day, around the age of 6, I stumbled along my grandfather's Cowboy Hat and then thought I was the wildest crook the world had ever seen.  It was pretty funny.  Finding a hat allowed me to minorly change who I was, without making it drastic, as well as become more imaginative.  It allows expression and love in the minds of many sports or video game fans.  Whether it's cheering the Sox or Cubs on, or becoming a Pokemon master and saving Zelda from Ganadorf all over again.  Hats keep us warm and create joys in many normal people and cosplayers.  And if you think of it in an olden  sense, hats were once a statement of higher class.  So I'll enjoy and thrive in my hat collection.    (These are 11 of my 25 hats)

1 comment:

  1. Go, cowgirl! I had a cowgirl suit as a child, so I'm relating to your grandpa's hat story. The role playing aspects initiated by hats are profound. I'd love to see you research some hats that are making a comeback (or have been as part of the "return to craft" movement I've been trying to highlight). I'm thinking porkpie hats (Breaking Bad), bowlers, etc. I love a good beret :)

    ReplyDelete