Monday, January 18, 2016
Reflection of Friday and Weekend Coloring
Personally, being able to color in class for an assignment was one of the most relaxing and fun things that I have done in a very long time. I love crayons, but colored pencils are a good medium to use as well. I think even though coloring in silence is therapeutic, the 5 of us coloring and talking together allows a bonding to occur that we wouldn't normally have in another class. It creates us into a family. The acoustics were not really my kind of music but they were very unique. I believe that coloring could be a type of writing, because it is very expressive in what we feel and wish to project. Hope you guys are enjoying the weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I appreciate your thoughts about the class dynamic. I had to pivot, to be sure, because I saw this as a more solitary type of activity, so the talking was for me, as a teacher responsible for the content of the activity, distressing. But then I had to let it go (i hope i won't be hearing that song all day!) -- had to let it happen. However, I do wonder about the individual benefits of the activity -- how might it have been different had we colored in silence? Would you be willing to post again after taking that on? I'd *love* to hear your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI am also struck by the commonly shared assumption that music is so very personal -- perhaps I should have kept the room silent so as to focus on the activity, the hand-eye-brain aspects of it. The audio adds another dimension, and I can appreciate that when the music is not to your taste, it complicates matters.
Finally, thanks again for picking up the pencils! I can reimburse you, Mandy. Very generous of you!